Twitter.
Seems simple enough. Within a mere 140 characters, you have to tell the world your thoughts, dreams, locations, activities, or life problems. Well over 80 million users already and still rapidly growing, there are more and more people learning the ways of tweeting. So, what does this mean? To my knowledge, they pay the top Marketers in the world to do exactly this - Convey a message to get the attention of as many people as possible. Does this mean that we will inevitably become marketers ourselves without even knowing it?
Through my future analysis I will dive into exactly how Twitter has impacted the way the world interacts socially, economically, technologically, and politically. Twitter has now opened up a whole new method in the ways people are able to market and interact with each other.
Bringing the world a little closer together through only 140 characters...
Primer Proyecto..
9 years ago
7 comments:
Great research topic! Twitter being realtively new limits our knowledge on its overall impact on the world. Very interesting.
Interesting topic. I personally don't use Twitter so maybe your research topic can provide more insight on how Twitter appears to be popular today. It seems to be a copy of Facebook's status update but without the wall post the likes.
This is a great choice for your research. I would say I am up to date with technology, but I haven't gotten into Twitter. I personally don't see the need to post what I am doing to the world nor do I need to know what Terrell Owens or some member of Jersey Shore is doing. I agree with Charles Barkley's comment on the Tonight Show when he says, "Twitter is for losers....If someone gets up in the morning and they wondering what I'm doing, they're a loser." Check it out at (http://www.hulu.com/watch/216835/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-charles-barkley-part-2) from 1:37 to 2:00
I think it is a great topic for a research paper. Personally I do not have Twitter because I do not want to be posting everything I do during the day.
Soon you'll all have Twitter, stay tuned... :)
I do not have twitter and would rather not have one. People talk about privacy invasion but if your posting what your doing 24/7, there really is no privacy.
Hehe, thank you for the assist Professor Adler!
I certainly agree that the non-believers will soon covert to a Twitter'er themselves. I too was once a non-believer but decided to join to see what the buzz was about and found it to be a great tool for me to connect further with the world around me.
Honestly, give it a try. It isn't all about "posting what your doing 24/7," in fact you don't have to post at all. Instead I would consider it more about receiving an influx of information, 24/7. And who doesn't mind that!? :)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.